From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Hylton
Conacher (ZR1HPC)
Sent: Tuesday, 17 December 2002 6:58 PM
To: Mandrake Linux newbie
Subject: [newbie] restarting Dead mice

Hi all,

I have two machines, a Win95 and mdk 8.0 machine networked together via
UTP cables and sharing a monitor, keyboard and mouse through a switch
box.

Sometimes, after working on my linux box I need to use I switch on my
Windows machine and switch the switch box across to enable the mouse,
keyboard and monitor.

No problem so far.

When I switch the switch box back, as I want to return to linux, the
mouse cursor is displayed but cannot move. The keyboard works fine. I
wondered if there was a command to issue on a terminal to
re-enable/restart the mouse.

I have so far found out that by logging off the mouse functionality is
restored and I wondered if there was a command to 'reset' the mouse
without having to logoff?

Solutions appreciated muchly
Hylton Conacher - Registered Linux user # 229959
Licenced Windows user
Using Linux Mandrake 8.0, KDE 2.1.1 on a 2.4.3-20mdk#1 kernel