On Wednesday 18 Dec 2002 12:05 pm, Thought Progress wrote:
> How do I disable or control this feature. Someone mentioned. Anuerin
> Diaz mentioned leaving an application running (gaim seems to work), but
> there has to be a better way to keep the machine from logging you off (I
> would think) when you lock the terminal and leave for lunch.

I'm no expert on this, but here are my thoughts.  I don't have the problem
under 9.0, but I did under 8.2.

Under 8.2 I used MCC to disable the power control settings, and the whole
problem instantly disappeared.  As I said, I don't have the problem in 9.0,
but we have seen so many things here that happen one way for some of us and
the opposite for others, so I wouldn't discount it.

Try it and see - you've nothing to lose.

Anne