On Sat, 21 Dec 2002 13:37:13 -0300
Pilagá <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>       Strange. Before launching xsane do:
>     export SANE_DEBUG_UMAX_PP=255
> and then send the output of xsane to [EMAIL PROTECTED] Stephen is the
> developer of umax_pp, a very very friendly guy that help me a lot with all
> that stuff.

Well, no need, anymore: two years after my first attempt, IT WORKS! :-D
Now, apart from just one thing I can't avoid using $windows$ for... I'll be
happy if there's a way to scan whitout root permission; of course Xsane prompt
it is dangerous to run the frontend as superuser, but it also the only way to make
it works; I was suggested to enable the net access option in dll.conf; the option
is on, but now I don't know what to do :-/

Smiley (now way more :-))