Ok, I tried one of my .ogg files from the hard disk and it worked dandy. The
partition was ext3. So we can say that  .ogg files work and ext3 partitions
are recognized. Does this then imply that if you were to move a file to an
linux native partition and save it as an .ogg file, it would then not hang
XMMS?  Just threw that out for consideration, cause I don't know the correct
answer. I'm like a weatherman here, only 25% of my forecasts ( suggestions)
are correct. :  )
--
Dennis M.  linux user # 180842
heh thx Dennis I'll give it a try. :)

I have nothing to lose after all ...

FemmeFatale

Good Decisions You boss Made:
"We'll do as you suggest and go with Linux. I've always liked that
character from Peanuts."

- Source: Dilbert