12/23/02 7:16:49 AM, "Peter Watson"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>When mandrake sacked Civileme I wrote to Jaques le
Maroir to tell him I was disappointed, as C. had been an
enormous help to me and many others.

>In reply I got a rather aggressive email telling me if I knew a
better way to run the company let him know.

>I,m the first to admit that I don;t know a viable commercial
strategy for mandrake, but I think its sad when a company is
so contemptuous of a customers opinions.

>Pete
>Ardnamurchan    Scotland

   I must agree wit you about most of what you have to say
Civileme was a big loss to the Mandrake community.I shure
miss him. It was GREAT to have a true linux guru around to
help out and he also had a good personality and skills for
organising.
   On the flip side think of it from Jaques point of view,
hundreds of great skilled people and about half of them have
to go. Just not enough money in the check book to pay
them all. That must of left him with a lot of hard decisions to
make in a no win situation. He was forced to let good people
go or else not have the money to continue on at all. Talk
about having a bad week!!  And then getting hundreds of
emails from all over telling him he was making the wrong
decision.  Was there really a right decision that could have
been made?  I must admit that after a week like that I may
have gotten a bit rough around the edges myself.
  Civileme did ask the folks on this list not to contact
Mandrake to push the issue. Perhaps he had a deeper
understanding of what was going on at Mandrake than most
of us.
   I wonder what ever happened to Cvileme.

   I hope he is doing allright.

   I am shure he is 1 mandrake employee that will be missed
by all of us. Darn good computer skills and a very nice
person in general.

   Has anyone heard from him?

   I hope one of these days he drops a line to the list just to
say hi if nothing else.

    Marc