After migrating to another box, I found OO would open for all users but only root could print (see previous post). After trying various remedies unsuccessfully (deleting ~/.openoffice, rerunning setup, trying with a brand new user etc.) I uninstalled the OO rpms and reinstalled it. My reward for trying this Windows-like approach is that now, whether as root or a normal user, OO starts to open, gets as far as the splash screen, then crashes. Running setup produces a slew of error messages saying it can't copy various files in /usr/lib/openoffice/user to ~/.openoffice . (this is using the RPMs that come with 9.0, BTW - funny thing is that they worked fine on the original box).

Has anyone had a similar experience? Searching the OO archives didn't produce anything useful.

Sir Robin