Does a Linux-Mandrake 6.0 server installation automatically set up an FTP
server?

I have tried to FTP connect to Linux, from my WinNT box, using MS IE as my
FTP client.  It won't work.  I have tried both anonymous and real account
details. (sorry, haven't got the exact error msg here).

Where would I look for the FTP server software on my system?

I have a book that pointed me to a file that maps requests for different
TCPIP ports to different software servers.  Port 21 is mapped to TCPD which
I understand to be an access monitoring system - how might I check that the
requests are being properly forwarded from TCPD to FTP?

Regards
Mark