On Tuesday 24 Dec 2002 3:33 pm, Sergio F. Lima wrote:
> Em Ter 24 Dez 2002 10:12, Anne Wilson escreveu:
> > On Tuesday 24 Dec 2002 11:13 am, Sergio F. Lima wrote:
> > > Hello all!!!
> > >  First, excuseme my badly english, I'm Brazilian user...
> >
> > No problem with your English :)
>
> Thanks ;-)
>
> > >  I am using the mandrake 9.0 and I'm happy, but when I try use my
> > > cdrom(it's in supermount) it show the file,but after the files don't
> > > work, it desepear. Can anybody help me?
> >
> > But we could do with a bit more information.  First, you have two cd
> > drives. One is scsi-emulated and one isn't (I have a similar setup).
> > What is each of those drives used for?  Is there a cd-rw?  or a dvd
> > player?
> >
> > Then, can you tell us a bit more about 'after the files don't work'?
>
> I have 2 cdRom's one ís comum cd drive(read only) and another is cd-rw
> driver, I can acess the cdrom "in the begining" after(30  seconds) the
> cdrom is empty, nothing file, If i try open again it is empty. if I reboot
> I can acess but after it is empty again;-(
>  My cdron is not scsi ???

Someone suggested that supermount may be your problem - it works brilliantly
on some machines and not at all or with huge problems on others.  Use
Mandrake Control Centre > Mount points to turn it off, and see if that makes
any difference.

My cd/dvd is not scsi-emulated, and has no problems whatsoever, so you can
discount this as a cause.

HTH

Anne