Kamal Gathani wrote:

I was previously dual-booting Mandrake 9 with Win2K, both OS on separate hard drives. Mandrake is booting via loader on floppy disk.

I no longer needed windows, so removed its partitions :-)

Only problem is that during boot up, Mandrake keeps complaining that it is unable to find/mount local file systems mnt/nt2 and mnt/nt3.

Is there any way to tell Mandrake to stop looking for these non-existent volumes?

Did not find anything under MCC. The KDE Control Centre Information section shows these partitions as existent, each 0MB in size!

Thanks

Kamal

Is there any particular reason why you choose to boot from floppy.
There is a perfectly good bootloader called lilo.

Anyway the reason you are getting these messages is because you
are booting from a floppy that thinks you still have your w2k/ntfs
partitions. The easiest way to rectify this is to boot to desktop
go to MCC - boot - boot disk and remake your floppy disk so that it
will then know about your changed partition table. This is also true
of any alteration whatsoever to your partition table, and very
often it will fail to boot at all so next time you remove a partition
make sure you make new boot floppies, it makes life easier.

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]