Hi. I just installed Mandrake 9. Everything seems to be working except....

The only way to get the dial up connection to work is to first disable the network card. This is a plain Internet dial up to SBC, using a Creative 56k ModemBlaster. I assume it is possible  to have both working at the same time since you even do it with Windows!

Second, I want to be able to able to browse my Windows 2000 network from the Linux box. Is Samba the way to do this? I have looked at the instructions and it seems quite confusing. Is there any easier way? I just want to be able to retrieve video, mp3s and docs.

Thanks!

Do you Yahoo!?