On Fri, 27 Dec 2002 01:22:08 -0000
Aurélio Diniz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Good evening (at least here in portugal)!
> First of all let me thank this great list! You guys should be awared for all your
>help you gave here! :)
> I've learned a lot with this list. Thanks.
>
> ----
> I'm looking to move all my Truetype fonts from my windows partition to my linux.
> I suppose that they are compatible. Or am i wrong?
> I've been searching the net for a replacement program for my Bitstream Font
>Navigator.
> Do you know about any? I just want to calalog all my 7500fonts.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Filipe
>

> p.s - I have other problems that are bugging me but i'll post them later.
> For all the newbies like me that are giving their firsts steps in linux here's a URL
>that helped me and now maybe you: www.linuxfree.net

AFAIK, all Truetype fonts should be compatible.  But, I don't think you want to move
7500 of them to your Linux partition.  Maybe you do, but any application that's going
to use them is going to have to load the entire list each time and that will slow
things down.  My recommendation would be to move only the ones you really plan on
using.  If you need one of the other ones, you can always install it at a later date.

BTW, the slow down due to a lot of fonts isn't just a Linux thing.  Windows and Macs
suffer from the same thing.

Joeb