On Friday 27 Dec 2002 1:59 am, Josenildo Marques wrote:
> Hello !
>
> Needless to say, I am new to Mandake Linux and have just installed it (LM
> 9). I am trying to set things up so I can have everything working fine.
>
> I'd like to ask you how I can get the shockwave plugin to work in Mozilla.

Mozilla.org's website have links and instructions for all the main plugins.

> I have also tried to play .kar files in Kmid but no sound comes out. My
> sound card is a Sound Blaster Live.

SBLive is well supported, and runs with the emu10k1 driver.  You will probably
find, however, that Mandrake Control Centre's (MCC's) Hardware List will say
that it has no information about your soundcard.  Don't worry about that, it
doesn't stop it working fine.

What have you tried, apart from Kmix?  Have you tried playing an .mp3 file, or
a cd?  Are you getting system sounds?  Any info you can give us will help us
to point to the next step

Anne