On Friday 27 December 2002 08:30, Anne Wilson wrote:
> Mozilla.org's website have links and instructions for all the main plugins.

Hi Anne Wilson

I have already downloaded. I'll give it a try.

> What have you tried, apart from Kmix?  Have you tried playing an .mp3 file,
> or a cd?  Are you getting system sounds?  Any info you can give us will
> help us to point to the next step

Cd's, mp3's and system sounds are playing.
The thing is that when I try to open a .kar file [ a kar file is a midi file
with lyrics] Kmid doesn't output any sound. It's possible to see it is
working because I can see when the text scrolls down, which presumably means
that it is really playing. Other midi files are working
fine in Kmidi.

I have also had a bit of a headache trying to mount and unmount the cdrom.
Sometimes automount works but other times it simply and unexplicably says I
have not the access rights to the device.
So, I tried
#mount -t iso9660 /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom

But I don't know how exactly that device is called in Mandrake Linux.

Thank you very much.

JM