----- Original Message -----
From: Dennis Myers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 10:46:44 -0600
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] supermount :-/

> On Friday 27 December 2002 09:04 am, Angus Auld wrote:
> > Greetings, I think I have come to the conclusion that supermount is a
> > "great mystery" to me. Perhaps the name should be changed to "maybemount"?
> >
> > It seems to work at times, but then other times it doesn't. This is not a
> > satisfying relationship. I am also not having great success using MCC
> > to try to disable supermount. I selected the "user" mode instead of
> > "noauto" (should I have chosen "noauto"?). After confirming my
> > choice of options, I exited MCC. Then I discovered that supermount
> > is still enabled. :-/
> >
> > I will try the "supermount -i disable" command.
> > Can anyone tell me the procedure to create icons for my cdrom
> > and floppy so I can mount/unmount them easier? I did this on
> > 8.2 I think, but can't remember how. Someone suggested using
> > KwikDisk as an alternative, so I will check that out too.
> >
> > TIA for any help.
> >

> > --Angus
> >
> > "Let us not look back in anger or forward in fear, but around in
> > awareness."--James Thurber

> > *Reg. Linux User #278931*
> > *Power by Mandrake Linux 9.0*
> Angus, for making icons on the desktop, just place the mouse arrow over an
> empty place on the screen and right click. A box pops up and you can select
> "create new" and then choose what you want to do, like "CD/DVD Rom Device".
> Then click on the Device tab>down arrow to the left of the "fill in the blank
> area" and select from the drop down list which device you want to iconize. If
> you click on the icon on the left side that looks like a cd disc you can
> navigate through the set of icons in your system to get a cd burner icon or
> leave it as is. HTH
> --
> Dennis M.  linux user # 180842

Thanks Dennis for your reply. I thought there was some special precedure
to create the icons that would allow me to mount/unmount. Sorry if I didn't
communicate very clearly what I was trying to do. I barely know what I'm
doing oftentimes, so there's static on my end. ;-)

I do know how to create icons, but thanks for the clear explanation.

I am using KwikDisk to do my mount/unmount of cdrom and floppy,
seems pretty slick so far.

All the best.