On Saturday 28 December 2002 05:50 pm, FemmeFatale wrote:
> Subject says it all... any ideas besides reading a label?  Thx.  Oh & Is
> there any diff between AT & ATX P/S's?
> Merci
>

> -------------
> FemmeFatale
>
> Good Decisions You boss Made:
> "We'll do as you suggest and go with Linux. I've always liked that
> character from Peanuts."
>
> - Source: Dilbert

Generally the model number will have the wattage embedded in it.
For example: Model ATX-350-12V
The 350 is the wattage.

Usually the power is equal to the current times the voltage.
You have to watch what you are using  on this. As the power supply robs Peter
to pay Paul.
My supply (which is the model above) has 12V at 15Amps max and 5V at 35 Amps
max .. (12*15)+(5*35) = 355 watts. (Generally, this is what you can use to
roughly determine what the wattage of the supply).
It also shows 3.3v at 20A and -5V at .5AMPS and and -12V at .5AMPS
(3.3*20)+(5*.5)+(12*.5)= 72.25
This would give a total wattage as 427Watts but remember the rob Peter to pay
Paul.  The supply cannot supply all of the voltages at the max current as it
will blow a fuse.
Now, have I thoroughly confused the issue.
David

   ( )_( )
   ( OO )