On Saturday 28 Dec 2002 11:17 am, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Saturday 28 Dec 2002 12:01 am, Aurélio Diniz wrote:
> > Thanks Jason.
> > I was going to post that same question but you answered it before i ask
> > :) My modem is working fine now.
> >
> > Does anyone knows a good fax program with a nice interface thats runs on
> > KDE? I installed Hylafax but it is only available at the command line. I
> > suppose that i need a frontend for it.
>
> I find that the simplest way is to Print to Fax from KWrite.  The only
> problem with it is that you need to locate the directory where it writes
> the temp files (I can't remember where, so you may have to try one, get a
> failed send, then read the log, which you can do from an icon on the send
> screen, to locate it) and change permissions so that you can write to it.
> Otherwise, couldn't be simpler.
>
> Anne

Umm. actually you don't need to mess about with temporary files.

With 9.0 you will probably find that efax got installed by default in your
system, and you can print directly to fax simply by selecting 'send to fax'
in the list of printers Cups presents to you.
Just select
Kmenu>Applications>Communications>Send_a_fax>Settings   first to set up your
fax details and select the modem port

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net