On Thu, 02 Jan 2003 13:12, Robin Turner wrote:
> Smiley wrote:
> > On Wed, 1 Jan 2003 23:18:50 -0000
> >
> > Aurélio Diniz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >>I don't if anyone posted this question before:
> >>Is there anyway that i can put my linux box to write on my win2k (NTFS)
> >> partitions? Till now, i'm using a small fat partition to put my linux
> >> files that i want to open in windows but the process is quite boring..
> >
> > Since I have a problem related to your, the reply is: last time I heard,
> > the feature was  in development, it seems $MS$ is not so happy 'bout that
> > and tried to stop the work...
>
> Sounds juicy - tell more!
>
> I'm happy because I just squelched a proposal to get
> XP on our department's computers.
>
> Sir Robin

In my (not so thorough) understanding, NTFS support for W2K is pretty good.
The later NTFS used with XP is really scratchy though.

The best compromise solution may be to make a small FAT32 partition that both
can read and write to without hitches (other than permission problems of win
files imported into /home). A method would be:
- Remove/Backup all files from NTFS partition using winders.
- Reboot in Linux.
- Use Diskdrake to rewrite & reformat the NTFS partition as FAT32.
- Restore any files required (in winders).
- Check the partition is mounted ok under linux.

--
Michael