Hello,

> Jody, does your system even see your network card?  Can you ping the
> loopback address, or manually assign it an ip and ping it?  I'm not
> familiar with the belkin, but if it's like the Linksys
> firewall router I
> use at home, can you ping the default gateway address on it?  Need a
> little more information to determine what exactly is happening here.

Well, if I type ping localhost, it says the network is unavailable. But, if
I go into connection settings for network, it lists eth0 as having an ip
address. The weird thing is, the driver listed for the network card is
"tulip". Does that make any sense? Should I try to download a new driver for
my card?

Jody