I'll post the hardware I've got first, so I can get that out of the way:

Cognac + Mainboard
Intel Celeron 667 mhz Processor
256 mb PC 133 Sdram (SimpleTech)
10 GB 5400 RPM Seagate HD
LG Electronics 40x12x40x CD-RW
Nvidia Riva TNT2 M64 Video card
Some integrated sound (Cirrus Logic, I think)

I think that's all that really matters for this...

Now, I run a reccomended installation with the graphical installer (text gets the same problem). And it goes smoothly up until the partitioning..

There are 3 partitions for Linux, totaling 6 GB in size (/, swap, and /home: 3.4 GB, 300 MB, and 2.3 GB respectively), and when I get this all set up in the "Custom Partitioning", I get the following output:

"Searching for available packages."

Now, after about a minute of sitting here, the following error comes up:

"Nothing found while parsing /mnt/var/lib/urpmi/hdlist.Installation CD 2 (x86) (cdrom2).cz."

And as soon as I press "OK" (or whatever the option is to confirm), it goes back to the screen that presents me with options of what to do for partitioning (Use Existing partitions, format entire disk, etc...), and no matter which of these options I select, the same error occurs.

I'm booting from the CD, but trying to boot from a bootdisk nets the same results..

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I've been hearing only good things about Mandrake and am dying to get it installed.

Thanks!