On Saturday 04 January 2003 10:09 pm, Stephen Kuhn wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-01-05 at 13:57, Dennis Myers wrote:..
>
> > Son of a gun, I tried IPCop one more time and this time I started the
> > dhcp server in it and now I have stealth showing at grc.com and dhcp but
> > no ip showing in the MCC connection gui.  Looks like we are running
> > everything through the firewall now. How does dhcpcd relate to
> > ipmasquarading?  Things look better now. I may not have it perfect but at
> > least I have something working half way right.  Oh, I can type in the
> > https address and get the firewall now, before I had to go to MCC and
> > change to static ip in "connection" before I could call up the firewall
> > machine.  So looks like all my comps are connecting at high end speed
> > that the modem is capable of. Dances a little jig.  :  )
>
> Dudeman, that is way cool!
>
> Meanwhile, the DHCP assigns "internal" IP addresses from a pool of IP's
> - so the IP "internall" hits the firewall/DHCP server and get's
> "proxied" to your actual IP address externally...(translated from
> internal IP to outside IP)
Still dancing the jig, and so the dhcp thing is really like ip masquerading
cause from the outside it looks like the static address is what is on the
net?  Stubborn is trying for 6 months to find the ignorant mistake or lack of
understanding that was stonewalling you. So by definition I am stubborn. Now
the trick is to remember the trick. : {

--
Dennis M.  linux user # 180842