On Sunday 05 January 2003 22:33, Todd Slater wrote:
<clip>
> ??? I'm assuming you're not running a mail server on Windows. You don't
> need to run a mail server if you are using your ISP's mail
> servers (probably pop-server.kc.rr.com and smtp-server.kc.rr.com?) Check
> your config in K-mail and Evolution.
>
> What do you mean you made Sendmail your default?
>
> Todd

I had used the ISP's mail servers but something "broke" in Linux.  I could not
set up K-mail or Evolution to link to the ISP's SMTP servers.  I verified the
problem was on my end by logging into Windows and using Outlook Express.
After that, in a fit of desperation, I loaded up Sendmail, made it the
"default" outgoing account in Kmail.  That works.  Has me stumped.

I even tried uninstalling all KDE applications/core files and reinstalling.
Same problem.  This started when I deleted the .kde directory from my home
directory. KDE was locking up on me.  My son didn't have that problem when
logging in as him, so I thought that something was broken in .kde.  I also
get a LOT of segfaults in Kmail when I change the settings for the servers.

Any insights are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Linus