On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 10:07:54AM +0200, Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC) wrote:
> Chris wrote:
>
> >On Saturday 04 January 2003 11:21 am, Todd Slater decided to hunt and peck
> >on the keyboard and typed:
> >

> >>The list does not provide that feature.
> >>
> >>Todd
> >>

> >So, if I'm looking to see how to access my new Sony MVC-CD250 digital
> >camera I have to search through the entire archives?
> >
> Basically, yes cos Mandrake or anyone else with a permanent Internet
> connection doesn't support the feature of doing an email query of the
> archives for MVC-CD250.

Here:
http://www.mail-archive.com/cgi-bin/htsearch?method=and&format=short&config=newbie_linux-mandrake_com&restrict=&exclude=&words=MVC-CD250

That took about 2 seconds. Right-click the links, do a save target as,
and you're looking at a couple minutes tops. Even on dial-up that
shouldn't break the bank.

BTW, it's not Mandrake that doesn't support email querying of the
archives, it's the mailing list manager, Sympa, that doesn't support it.

Also, have you tried usenet? If you can go online to get the headers,
then go offline, and go back on the get only the messages you want.

I applaud you for making the effort to use the archives!

Todd