> On Sun, 5 Jan 2003 22:07:30 -0600
> "Richard Babcock" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > unable to take medium "Updates for Mandrake Linux 9.0 (ftp1u)" into
> > account as no list file [/var/lib/urpmi/list.Updates for Mandrake
> > Linux 9.0 (ftp1u)] exists
> > Can't call method "arch" on an undefined value at
> > /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/URPM/Resolve
> > .pm line 14
> >
> > Well...of course I would like to know what all this means.
>*************
>Charles A Edwards wrote:
>
> It means you broke it.
>
> It is caused by a bad source list.
>
> Run urpmi.removemedia for that source and then use urpmi.addmedia
> to create a new update source.
>

>     Charles
>*****************************
Just something on adding an update source.
I discovered after removing my update source,
when re-entering it by the gui method (Software Sources Manager),
to be sure to tick the box for "Security Updates source"(not sure of exact wording)
for your Update source. I mistakenly just chose "ftp source" for updates, and when I
ran Mandrake Update, it complained of not having an ftp mirror set up,
and opened a dialog for me to choose one.

For contrib source I simply selected "ftp ". This is probably only an issue when using
the gui method, and not CL.

Just my observations FYI & FWIW.

Best regards.

--Angus

"Let us not look back in anger or forward in fear, but around in awareness."--James
Thurber