Thanks for the reply Stephen,

> > Question 1:
> > My problem is that, when I try to play a DVD the picture has a grey box
> > over the image. You can see the video in the background, but it's like
> > the video has a transparent gray box in front. DVD used to play ok with
> > the Matrox.
>
> Blow out your mplayer prefs/configs and fire it up again.
> (open a term and type: rm .mplayer - delete the hidden dir)

Thanks, I did that. But before I got your reply, I relised that it was only
xine which was causing the problem. Whenever you run xine I get the grey
screen, and every app afterwards gets the same. I tried removing the old
version and installing the latest but not th d5d plugin doesn't show up.

> > Question 2:
> > My config file is very minimal, I removed so options, which I think were
> > Matrox specific. Could some kind person mail me an example of there
> > config file? or point to a site that has examples?
>
> There is a wonderful proggie for tweaking your NVidia - called "yanc" -
>
> http://yanc.sourceforge.net/index-en.html
>
> It's beautiful!

Yeah, I saw your post the other day about it, I'll give it a try.

> > Question 3:
> > When I check in HardDrake, it identifies the card as a Geforce 2? But in
> > windows, it's a Geforce 4. Why would this be?
>
> Keep in mind that the Hardwaredrake only reads from the text file - so
> the labelling in the text file is reflected here - use "yanc" and you'll
> be right.

Thats strange though, I've never had a Geforce 2, why would it show that?

Thanks for your help :)
Jordan

P.S. Does anyone know how to get xine to UPDATE packages using urpmi? It never
seems to want to update packagaes which are already installed. Specifically,
I want to update gtk.
--
Jordan Elver
A problem shared is a problem halved, so is your problem really yours or just