I currently use a digital audio cable to connect my cdrom to my sound
card (emu10k [SB Live]).  However, even when I turn the volume control
all the way up, I cannot get the CD to play through my speakers.  Yes I
adjusted the volume of the "CD" line in the mixer, nothing.

I need a program that plays CDs digitally, reads the cdda tracks over
the data channel and plays them, OR can use the digital audio of the
sb-live, though I would suspect this to be a driver issue, and that
doesn't seem to be doable at this point.

So, can someone point me towards a X cd player that will play CDs using
the data channel, like (god forgive me for saying this) Windows Media
Player can? (Before I get told otherwise.. yes.. WMP will most assuredly
play CDs, even without an audio cable at all.. and still get sound)

Thanks,
Chuck