On Friday 10 January 2003 04:33 am, Trevor Rhodes wrote:
> Darklord,
>
> Needya help mate.  I've just bought the game and have tried the install.
> When I try the mount /cdrom it won't do it.  It will though do a mount
> /mnt/cdrom, but that isn't what UT wants.  Is this one of those supermount
> problems I've been reading about and if you do know the fix, could you give
> me a step by step?  Thanks
>
> Regards
>       Trevor

Hey Trevor. Which version of UT is it, and what version of Mandrake are you
using?

The Original
Game of the Year
UT: 2003

I've always had to do a supermount -i disable here to get it to accept the CD.

After that, it goes like this:

mount /mnt/cdrom (or whatever your CD device is)
cd <wherever your installer is>
./ut-install-436.run (as su)
or
./ut-install-436-GOTY.run (again, as su)

If you're using Tux Games installer CD, then you would:

mount /mnt/cdrom
cd /mnt/cdrom
source ./setup (or sh setup.sh - I think either works)
and follow the directions.

Now...most of the time, your installer (which one are you using, BTW) will ask
for the 2nd CD. If not, get another installer. After that, its supposed to
decompress the files in /ut/Maps, but a lot of times - it doesn't. Thats why
when I did get it to work correctly once - I backed up the decompressed /Maps
folder onto a CD...so I could easily copy it back over after an install.

If everything goes well, but you can't get it to decompress - send me your
address and I'll dupe my CD and send it to ya.

PS You'll know if it didn't decompress right because when you try to run ut it
will say something about not being able to find file "entry" and quit.

PSS This is assuming you are talking about UT or UT: GOTY....I've not seen
anyone have trouble installing UT:2003 (but I've only used the demo here so
far).

Let me know! :-)

--

                                                                 /\