Yes, tried this, no result. slocate man-pages neither. only slocate man gives results

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [newbie] error during packages installation
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 12:39:02 -0600

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of ivette brusselmans
Sent: Friday, January 10, 2003 12:21 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [newbie] error during packages installation

installed security updates. It went fine till cups-common had to be
installed. Then a X window appeared telling me there was an error during
packages installation:

file /usr/share/man/fr/man1/backend.1.bz2 from install of
cups-common-1.1.1.-1.1mdk conflicts with file from package
man-pages-fr-0.9.5-9mdk

and more or less thirty other conflicting files, all from
cups-common-1.1.18-1.1mdk and all conflicting with "file from package
man-pages-fr-0.9.5-9mdk".
Tried to find this package man-pages-fr-0.9.5-9mdk to delete it because I
don't need french and I just installed it for fun with four other languages,

but to no avail.

any ideas?

How can I get rid of french, get it completely out of my system? Hope it's
only the french version that gives me problems, because I also installed
spanish and italian.

Thanks

Chatten met je online vrienden via MSN Messenger. http://messenger.msn.nl/

Did you try from a console and su by typing "slocate man-pages-fr*" ? see
if that picks it up. HTH Dennis M.
MSN Zoeken, voor duidelijke zoekresultaten! http://search.msn.nl/worldwide.asp