On Saturday 11 January 2003 05:38 am, Trevor Rhodes wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Still with the UT problems.  I have it installed now but have come up with
> the following error:
>
> Bound to SDLDrv.so
> Joystick [0] : Unknown Joystick
> SDLClient initialized.
> Bound to Render.so
> Lighting subsystem initialized
> Rendering initialized
> LoadMap: Entry
> Failed to load 'Entry': Can't find file 'Entry'
> Failed to load 'Level None.MyLevel': Can't find file 'Entry'
> appError called:
> Failed to enter Entry: Can't find file 'Entry'
> Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
> Executing USDLClient::ShutdownAfterError
> Signal: SIGIOT [iot trap]
> Aborting.
> Exiting.
> Name subsystem shut down
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Regards
>       Trevor

Sure. This is the exact problem I was telling you about in an earlier message.
Sometimes, the installers don't decompress the files in /Maps. You will have
to find an uncompressed copy of UT's /Maps. If you have Windows anywhere, you
could grab it from there, if not...you can always send me your address and
I'll dupe my backup disk for these files and send it to you.

Just let me know.

PS There is a utility to uncompress the maps under Linux after you use the
installer, but I never got it to work right... Its called "utmap_decompress".

--

                                                                 /\
                                                         Dark< >Lord