On Saturday 11 January 2003 12:35, Stephen Kuhn wrote:
> ...I was amused (and still am to this day) with the variations of
> explicatives that I run across in "normal" conversation. Men, women,
> children - it's never ending
[snip]

I went to college in Hull, on the east coast of England. I was surprised that
the locals (men, women, children) used 'fuckoff' as an intensifier (?) in
normal speech. They'd say 'go past that fuckoff big roundabout' or 'that was
a fuckoff hot curry'.

I live in Leeds now, where if someone says fuck off you can be fairly sure
they're swearing at you.

Richard