What program do I have to install for video on netscape. Keep getting the message: this page contains information of a type (application/x-mplayer2) that can only be viewed with the appropiate plug-in

Thanx

From: Stephen Kuhn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] Windows media player for netscape in mandrake
Date: 11 Jan 2003 21:01:47 +1100

On Sat, 2003-01-11 at 20:43, ivette brusselmans wrote:
> Is there an linux equivalent for Windows Media Player? I'm using latest
> release of netscape. MDK 9.0 box.
> If so, how come it is not automatically installed? If Mandrake wants to
> become a major OS that can be used by everyone (wizzards and dummies alike),
> it'll have to focus on 'user-friendliness'.
> Thanx

Here's a listing of very cool media applications that are already on
your system:

XMMS
Noatun
AviPlay
Mplayer
XINE
Kaboodle
KMidi
KsCD
gRIP

...and none of them will either apply licensing to your media or
disallow you from exchanging files with other humans!

There's an unbelievable amount of media applications for any version of
linux - it's just a matter of finding what you're the most comfortable
with and going with that!

XMMS is awesome - it even has "visualizations" and other way cool nifty
things...and heaps of plugins (free)

--
Sat Jan 11 20:55:00 EST 2003
| __ __ | kuhn media australia |

Mathematicians often resort to something called Hilbert space, which is
described as being n-dimensional. Like modern sex, any number can play.
-- Dr. Thor Wald, "Beep/The Quincunx of Time", by James Blish

Ontvang je Hotmail & Messenger berichten op je mobiele telefoon met Hotmail SMS http://www.msn.nl/jumppage/