On Mon, 13 Jan 2003 19:32:39 +0000
Jordan Elver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Jordan Elver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > Fatal server error:
> > > Caught signal 11.  Server aborting
> > >
> > > Does any one know how I can add support for GLX and DRI back?
> >
> > Have you tried using XFdrake to re-set your video card.
>
> Not yet, bit afraid of loosing what I already have :)

It' safe I used it when switching between nvidia a ati cards, though you
may still need to manual edits in /etc/X11/XF86.config-4
Using the upgrade approach you should need to do nothing additional.

> > If you can not get it done any other way stick CD1 in and rerun the
> > Mdk installation as an expert/upgrade.
> > You do not need to select any pkgs and can skip network and printer
> > set-up.
> > You can then let the installer configure and set your card.
> > The whole process takes about 15 min.
>
> Is this definately safe? I dont want to loose any data. I suppose I
> just don't format anything?

Upgrades will not even offer you the option to format anything.

    Charles

As Will Rogers would have said, "There is no such things as a free variable."
Mandrake Linux 9.1
Kernel- 2.4.21-1mdk