On Monday 13 Jan 2003 1:57 pm, Jody Cleveland wrote:
> Hello,
>
> > For the sync of unix to Samba users, there's an option in Webmin under
> > Samba to sync users/passwords - towards the bottom of the screen.
> >
> > You can always do it by hand, but I prefer the Webmin method cuz it
> > works like a champ.
>
> Is there anything else I need to do? Do I need to do anything on the
> windows side? I tried logging on as a Windows user who I haven't setup in
> Linux, and it didn't work.

It wouldn't.  You need a user account on your host machine, with login and
password exactly the same as on the windows machine.  You must also have the
users set up as samba users, again making sure that the password is identical
to the windows password - and don't forget that it's case sensitive.

HTH

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302