Title: RE: [newbie] Mandrake Financial Problems

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Marc
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2003 7:15 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] Mandrake Financial Problems

1/14/03 8:51:57 PM, et <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Boy, Carroll Grigsby do you _Like_ to be the bearer of ill
tidings?

     I don't know if this is what I would call ill tidings or not.
No I don't think I would call it good news but I am also not
shure that it is bad news.
   Look at it this way, it could be a chance for Mandrake to
get out of debt for 50 cents on the dollar maybe 10 cents on
the dollar.  Wouldent we all like to do that?  Very similar
stuff happened to Chrysler corperation in the 80s and look at
them today.
  I have seen similar things happen to other small companys
and then seen them come out of it smelling like a rose.
   This could be the best thing to happen to Mandrake in a
long time or it could be a sighn of inpending doom.
   I woud not hazzard a guess eather way, only time will tell.

    Just my 2 cents worth

    Marc

Everybody stay calm and move slowly toward the exits. Just kidding. See the link for more info
http://newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=03/01/10/2131224

Also realize that Chapter 11 is for reorganization and protection from creditors who could make such demands that a company must close the door. Chapter 11 would give MandrakeSoft a chance to get in the clear and attain profitablility. But my bet is on an outside investor. Cheers  Dennis M.