Anne Wilson wrote:
On Tuesday 21 Jan 2003 2:07 pm, Mark Weaver wrote:

walt wrote:

On Mon, 2003-01-20 at 13:05, daRcmaTTeR wrote:

On Wed, 15 Jan 2003, Colin McElhatton wrote:

The single BIGGEST problem for end user to this day remains being able to
"find" the information that will get them going and *their* willingness
to avail themselves of that information and learn it. simply dumbing
down the interface and the core processes of the system will _never_
make a better, more usable system. It only makes one weaker and far less
stable. I believe windows is perfect proof of this.
But it is this "dumbing down" that will sell linux (and this is a
shame!!!) ..people do not want to do anything but turn on a computer and
have everything work the first time, every time. Linux has come a long
way since I first tried it 5 years ago. I do not have everything working
properly yet but I know that I will because I am willing to do some
research and ask questions. I have winxp on another hard drive but
haven't used it for about a week or so now. (I actually thought that I
couldn't live without it, LOL)
that is where techs come in handy. Someone who knows how to do something
and gets paid for doing it. They either make use of them, and there are
a lot of people out there that can and would do such a thing for money.
It's either that or just simply dust off the old brain a bit and
actually learn to do something for themselves.

But as I said almost a year ago, it's not as easy to find a linux tech as a windows one.

Anne
:)

I'm not overly expensive! At present when I'm not doing "dad" things and I'm not over burdened with home work for school I charge $25 an hour for custom programming and Website design and maintainence. It helps keep me in goodies for my ever growing population of Penguins and their trappings.

--
Mark
Linux User Since 1996