On Tue, 14 Jan 2003 21:01:51 -0500
Mark Weaver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Colin,
>
> For your printing have you tried installing Cups for that. Cups does a real
> nice job of taking care of printing needs and has the drivers for most, if
> not all, of the major brands of printers you can get these days.
>
> As for your DNS entries...check the /etc/resolv.conf file and see if your
> entries are there. If not, enter them directly into that file. That should
> take care of that for you.
> - --
> Mark

thats the problem Mark, something is overwriting resolv.conf every time I reboot.
I also have a resolv.conf.sv which does not get overwritten.
As for the printing problem, I am using CUPS. As I said, I have reinstalled, but
somthing must be corrupted.
(sounds just like windows)
7:12pm up 27 min, 2 users, load average: 0.39, 0.16, 0.06
Academicians care, that's who.
 ..registered linux user #223862 ..