On Wed, 15 Jan 2003 12:01:14 -0500
Mark Weaver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> have you tried making the changes to resolv.conf and the chmod'ing the file to
> 600 so that its readOnly? I'd give that a try and see if your changes stick
> after a reboot.

dont really understand this, but switching to a fixed i.p. solved the problem.
I run a dhcp server on my other box(mdk9) which also shares my cable connection.
This is the first time I have set up mdk as a workstation, but I dont have this
problem with my windows boxs (95,98,xp,Nt)

To teach is to learn.
 ..registered linux user #223862 ..