On Sun, 12 Jan 2003 11:02:38 -0500
Todd Slater <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Sun, 12 Jan 2003 11:54:48 +0000
> David Robertson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I'm thinking of changing over to sylpheed-08.3claws and wondered if
> > there is a relatively simple way of importing my evolution contacts into
> > the sylpheed address book. I think this may have been addressed before,
> > so I apologise, but I can't locate much information.
> >
> > David
>
> Unfortunately, you can't yet convert Evolution addressbook to Sylpheed. If
> you take a look at http://sylpheed-claws.sourceforge.net/features.html,
> you'll see that there are tools to import from pine, mutt, kmail, the bat,
> calypso, and maybe more. The most current version is 0.8.8, which I
> haven't tried yet.
>
> Todd

For those who are interested, below is a reply I've had from one of the sylpheed-claws
developers. It works!

..snip..

I'm one of the development team on Sylpheed-Claws.
I came across your mail in the archive of
[EMAIL PROTECTED], and noticed the
answer you were given was incorrect.

I have a few to minutes to spare, so here is the correct
answer:

In Evolution (tested with version 1.2.1) when you are
on the Contacts Page, choose '/File/Save as vCard'.
It is then possible to read the vCard into the Sylpheed(-Claws)
address book:

In the Sylpheed address book choose '/File/New vCard', then
in the dialogue that follows give it a name, and select the
vCard file. Voilą, your Evolution contacts list is available
in Sylpheed.

Hope that helps.

best regards

Paul

PS
Please, if you feel like, respond to the thread on the mandrake
and tell them this. Thanks.

..snip..

David

--
Registered Linux User #207521

"The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar
territory." (Paul Fix)