Anne Wilson wrote:
On Thursday 16 Jan 2003 5:12 pm, Carlos Cifuentes wrote:

I like mandrake club two years ago. Is very difficult to be mandrakeīs
member and i havenīt time for this (the process isnīt clear; i cannīt pay
in dollars nor euros, my money is colombian pesos). I think too much people
have the same problem. Carlos.

Last summer Manddrakesoft admitted that the international currency situation is a problem. They hoped to find a way round it. I asked about credit card payment, but was told that the problem there is that in several countries, including the U.K., you can pay be credit card, then change your mind and demand a refund. Whilst this was a measure intended to protect us from high-pressure sales, it does make it impossible to use the system for things like joining the club or buying shares.

I don't think that (according to most countries' laws) you can buy shares online anyway - AFAIK what happens when you buy and sell shares online is that you effectively tell a broker to do it for you.

A similar third party solution might apply to credit-card payments - use someone like PayPal or whatever for Club membership. This might protect Mdk from people ducking out and asking for their money back - I'm not sure exactly how these systems work.

That gives me an idea. I've noticed during my Internet research (as Pete Townsend would put it) that sites utilising PayPal etc. tend to be purveyors of "adult material". One way to really boost capital would be to offer a new service, Porndrake, only available to Gold level Club members. Of ourse it would be very tasteful - beautiful software developers pozing with cuddly penguins etc. You could access it in a similar manner to the Mandrake Update feature in the RPMdrake. Volunteers, anyone?

Sir Robin

--
"Difficulty is a coin which the learned conjure
with so as not to reveal the vanity of their studies."

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Univeritesi
Ankara 06533