On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 08:40:44PM +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Thursday 16 Jan 2003 8:03 pm, Todd Slater wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 07:48:29PM +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > > At some point in the last week or so I seem to have lost the ability to
> > > save a search in Mozilla/Netscape.  I've had a good browse through
> > > Preferences, looking for something that I may have changed, but I can't
> > > find the reason. Can anyone point me at the solution?
> > >
> > > Anne
> >
> > Anne, it's not you, but probably the form you're using for the search
> > uses the post method instead of get, making the results page not
> > bookmarkable. I use a bookmarklet which will convert post forms to get
> > forms. Just go to the page with the form, click the bookmarklet, do your
> > search and voila! Get it here:
> > http://www.squarefree.com/bookmarklets/forms.html#frmget
> >
> I'm sure it would help, if I could make any sense of it.  I got to the page
> OK, but when I clicked on the green link I got 'Changed 0 forms to use WGET
> method'.  I don't understand what's happening.  I assume I need to download a
> plugin, or something, which is frmget so that it can be used with my
> browsers?  I don't see how to do that.
>

> Anne

Sorry, drag the frmget link to your personal toolbar in Mozilla. That's
all you have to do. If you don't use that toolbar, you can right-click
the link and do a bookmark from there.

Now, go to the page you want to search from. Click the link in your
toolbar (or from bookmarks) and you'll get a js alert telling you it
changed x number of forms. Do your search and the results page will be
bookmarkable.

If that's still Greek, scoll up the page on the link above and there
briefer instructions.

Todd

Todd