On Friday 17 January 2003 10:39 am, _nasturtium wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Jan 2003 08:21 am, Stephen Kuhn wrote:
> > On Sat, 2003-01-18 at 06:13, _nasturtium wrote:
> > >   And I know that this is OT to even this OT thread, but I was thinking:
> > > what if a person burnt 5 copies of Mandrake, and gave it free to 5
> > > people, on the condition that they would each burn 5 copies, and give
> > > it away with the same condition? Pyramid schemes put to good use!
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >   _nasturtium
> >
> > You're not working for Amway or AOL, are you?
>
> Like I said before when asked if I'm a redhat shill, Amway and AOL don't
> pay well enough.
>
> But think about it. By the time we reach the 10th level there's already
> over 10 million copies of mandrake!
>
> _nasturtium
Hmmm,

Well we have a semantics problem perhaps.

1st level is the guy who gets one copy  or pow(5,0)=1
10th level should be pow(5,9) copies, or slightly less than 2 million Previous
level is less than 400,000 and total copies out there is like less than
2.500,000.

Perhaps you count the first level as the zeroth?  Then by the 10th level we
have more than 12,000,000 copies out there

#!/usr/bin/env python
import math
total=0.0
for i in range(11):