On Friday 17 January 2003 23:31, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I accidentally deleted my /boot partition.  I had a couple of them and
> deleted my newer one instead of the old one.  Is there any way of making a
> new one?  I tried installing mandrake 9 to another couple of partitions and
> then change lilo so that root is mounted as my old linux partition.  When I
> do this it starts to boot but freezes while bringing up eth1 ( a wireless
> card).  What am I missing?  Is there anything else I need to change?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Its not quite clear how your system is setup, but:

If you just want to recreate the specific /boot partition why not just
'upgrade' the then connected / partition (i.e. install with itself)?

When asked let the offending /boot partition be formatted as well so that it
gets installed again.

If you're comfortable editing /etc/lilo.conf, do so it'll be quicker!

+++
On the other hand:
This freezing of eth1 suggests there's an eth0 that does get brought up
correctly.
So check 'dmesg' and "/var/log/syslog" what they have to say about that. Be
sure to get that info fom the right partitions as I gather from the multiple
/boot partitions you've got --> there's more than one linux-install on that
box.

Good Luck,
HarM