Hi All,

When I login to GNOME I get this error message before it loads;

Could not look up internet address for (my computer name used to log
onto attbi's cable network). This will prevent GNOME from operating
correctly. It may be possible to correct this by adding (my computers
name) to the file /etc/hosts.

It then gives me two choices "login anyway" and "Try again". I choose
"Login anyway" and Gnome loads fine and everything seems to work just
fine.

None of the others do this. Anyone know what GNOME's hangup is here? If
I added that to the hosts file would it mess up the rest of them?

Thanks
--
Russ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>