On Tue, 2003-01-21 at 10:08, Richard Hackwith wrote:
> I just upgraded from a nVidia TNT video card to a nVidia GeForce4 mx420,
> and x wont start anymore.  I am running Mdk 8.1. I tried running mcc but
> there was no entry for GeForce4 in the list and none of the avaiable
> entries would work.  Previously I was only using the generic nvidia driver.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks In Advance
>
> Richard

What you could do is to run XF86Config from the shell and choose ALL
generic settings - this will rewrite your /etc/X11/XF86Config files - at
least giving you a viable XWindows system - then reinstall the drivers
again, make the necessary modifications to the configs as per the card,
then you should be right! (all without reinstalling X)

--
Tue Jan 21 10:40:00 EST 2003
 10:40am  up 4 days, 20:23,  5 users,  load average: 0.08, 0.23, 0.29

The Monks of Cool, whose tiny and exclusive monastery is hidden in a really
cool and laid-back valley in the lower Ramtops, have a passing-out test for a
novice. He is taken into a room full of all types of clothing and asked: Yo,
my son, which of these is the most stylish thing to wear? And the correct
answer is: Hey, whatever I select.
(Lords and Ladies)