On Wed, 2003-01-22 at 00:31, The Joker wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I hope this is a correct forum to post this.
>
> I'm trying to run a dedicated server for UT on my home LAN.
>
> UT runs fine as a single player, and the server seems to start up OK, but I
> can't seem to connect to it from any of my other boxes.
> The server seems to run fine when I run it as a single command, the web server
> starts up and I can administer it, but players just can't connect.
>
> .ini files and shell commands can be uploaded to a web site if anyone wants to
> take a look.
>
> I'd appreciate any help I can get with this problem. It's a pain having to
> reboot Linux and run XP so that I can run the server.
>
> Thanks all,
> The Devils Advocate.

Before firing up "a game server" I would want to make sure that the
machine is able to see all the other machines on the network, all the
other machines on the network to see the server, be able to ping
everyone and have everyone be able to ping back - and ONLY AFTER that
was a proven fact and it was shown that after rebooting the network it
sitll worked like a charm, THEN I would pursue the setting up of the UT
server.

...just makes more sense that way....else ya ain't gonna run a game
server if it ain't letting anyone see it, or it ain't seeing anyone
else...ya reckon?

--
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 06:55:00 +1100
  6:55am  up 5 days, 16:38,  5 users,  load average: 0.31, 0.37, 0.27

 Professor: Ouch! That's going to bleed when my heart beats.