On Tuesday 21 January 2003 10:57 am, Anne Wilson wrote:
> Once again I am encountering spontaneous re-boots in Star/OpenOffice.  It
> feels as though I hit some sort of ceiling, out of some resource.  There
> must be some way I can see what's going on?
>
> I know Althlon 900 is not high spec these days, but it's not that bad.  And
> with 512 Mb RAM I wouldn't have expected problems.
>
> Anne

It is more likely a problem with your hardware and the kernel's implementation
of APIC,  which is by no means universal in scope yet.

Try booting with linux noapic  (esc at the boot screen then type in "linux
noapic" without the quotes and enter.

If that solves the problem, add a "noapic" to the append line of each linux
boot in your boot configuration.

Civileme