Anne,

Send it to me.

Tony.

-----Original Message-----
From: Anne Wilson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2003 2:47 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [newbie] Star Office beats me

The spontaneous logouts were causing havoc in my file, as every backup
was
resulting in yet another corrupted file - at least that's what it looks
like.

I decided to split the file, reasoning that if I took out all the info
about
ImageMagic use it would halve the size of it :)  All went well, and
SOWriter
was noticeably quicker in response as the file size went down, until
they
were both near equal size.  I was cutting and pasting, so both had to be
open
at once.  Then I hit real trouble.  Both halves started behaving the
same
way.

I gave up on Open Office last year because it seems so unstable, and
this is
exactly the same.  Now I need to know whether it is the file that is the
problem, or something here in my installation or hardware.

Is anyone who uses SO or OOo willing to take one of the files and try to
open
it to see what happens?  It doesn't seem to put any of your other files
at
risk.  You would need to open it, navigate it a bit, copy and paste to
an
empty file, and so on, to see if it behaves.

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+- Business Computer Projects - Disclaimer -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

This message, and any associated attachment is confidential. If you have
received it in error, please delete it from your system, do not use or
disclose the information in any way, and notify either Tony S. Sykes
or the postmaster <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  immediately.

necessarily the views of Business Computer Projects Ltd., unless
specifically stated.

Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that emails and their
attachments are virus free, it is the responsibility of the recipient(s)
to verify the integrity of such emails.

Business Computer Projects Ltd
BCP House
151 Charles Street