Damian Gatabria wrote:

On Wednesday 22 January 2003 18:27, John Richard Smith wrote:

Every time I boot up I get a warning message in a terminal,
/dev/dsp: Device or resource busy

How can I check what is keeping the device busy.
What can I do about it.

John

At which stage of the boot process do you get this?

Damian

Immediately on desktop and upon putting up d4x which has a terminal
which come up as standard.I know something is
amiss because kde jingle fails. All other aspect of sound setup
appears ok, like grip, and the various cdplayers, but kde desktop
should arrive with a short sound bite and doesn't, I'd just like to
find out what's going on and correct it.
I suspect it is also affecting the sound in xine but this is very much supposition
at this stage.

I have alsa sound with aRts enabled.

John

--