----- Original Message -----
From: "ThinKer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Hello All,
>
>  I looked at LinuxCAD ( www.linuxcad.com ) but to be honest, the site
> looks a little desperate (sales oriented) and the fact that I can't
> download the demo version is a bit of a deterrent as well.
>
>  I am currently looking for options for an engineering group that would
> be interested in having all of the desktops and servers in their office
> run Linux provided they be able to run an AutoCAD program that was
> comparable to what they currently use and compatible with the AutoCAD
> systems their customers are using.
>
> TP

I rushed to LinuxCad.com, credit card in hand, hoping that you were being
over critical about their site but, I see what you mean.  Everything is
wrong about the site.
There is a 'restricted demo' available at $35 or - did you notice? - you can
purchase the full version from the top of the page for $89 or, if you
prefer, a download version is offered at the foot of the page for $99 !!
Let's face it, only a fool would *not* buy a program as good as Autocad for
$99 and practically every free demo cd that was issued would result in a
sale.
For them to charge $35 (non creditable against a full purchase) for a demo
cd speaks volumes.
The site is either; terrible marketing of an excellent product, in which
case they won't sell many copies else excellent marketing of a terrible
product, in which case they will earn a few dollars from selling the demo
cd's.
Sad, I hope it is a good product and if so, I hope they sell lots of copies
so that I might bump into it working in a drawing office one day.  If I do
and if it's good, I;I'll be rushing back to their site.
Fingers crossed !
Idealist