Ed said:
> I installed Mandrake 9.0 on my PC, that is connected to my internet
> provider via an ADSL USB modem.
> I don't have a network, just a simple PC.
> The security level was put to 'high' during installation, but I don't
> know at all to what extend I am protected against what. But I am online
> during many hours a day and I guess hat this makes security more and
> more important.
> I delved through many internet pages dealing with firewall and security
> information but they very often deal with setting up a firewall for
> computer on a network.
>
> Does anyone know where to find information about configuring security on
> a single PC?

Setting msec to high is a good first step, but you need to make sure
shorewall is on also.  You'll find it under Security in the Mandrake
Control Center.

For more info on security check out MandrakeUser
(http://www.mandrakeuser.org/docs/index.html).

--
Anthony Abby - http://www.aplusdata.com
Comic Book Community News        | Web Programming