On Saturday 25 January 2003 01:00 pm, Russ wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I would like to install the drivers form my Nvidia Geforce 2 card but I
> think I may need a little help before I totally foul things up.
>
> I assume I need the AMD64 driver (AMD Athalon 1ghz)
> Do I need both:
>       GLX Tar File
>       Kermel Mode Tar File
>
> How do I know which version of XFree I am running? (MD 9.0 with all
> updates)

Russ since my NVidia based card is so old I've never bothered with the
proprietary drivers. That would mean I'll be of no help. It's a Creative
Graphics Blaster 16 MB, good in it's day but.... Yes you'll need both the
kernel and GLX driver files to install as well as editing the XF86-4
configuration file you'll find in /etc/X11. The instructions on the NVidia
site used to be fairly clear but it's been a while since I helped anyone
install the drivers, sorry.

A better site to get the correct drivers may be Ranger's. He's one of the
developers that helps build what we're playing with here, you know, Mandrake?
Here's the url:

http://ranger.dnsalias.com/mandrake/mandrake9.0/

To find the version of XFree you have the easiest way is probably to use the
keys (simultaneously) crtl-alt-F1 and you'll drop back to the console login
screen. The information should be there. To get back to your desktop use the
same keys except substitute F7 for F1. HTH

Regards;
--
Charlie
Edmonton,AB,Canada